Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's a New Year

It's a new year, and I can't wait to escape to icy Denmark.  I know the next five or six months will present a slew of new tests for me but right now, I just see it as an adventure.  After a few weeks at home I am excited and a little relieved to escape to a new place.  I'm not restless exactly, I just feel like my bliss is not here at home, at least for now.  I'm not sure it is really home anymore anyways. I think my friends and loved ones are home now. Wherever they are. It is bittersweet to come to this realization.  It sets me adrift but it also keeps me from really longing to go back somewhere....I almost feel like a traveler whose house burned down in a freak accident.  There is nothing to go back to so I might as well move forward.  Who knew that would be a superior mindset for studying abroad?

2 comments: